Accreditations and Professional Associations
INDIGAS participates actively in various trade organisations and associations representing the LPGas and Natural Gas industries in South Africa. Through these structures, we work continuously to address issues relating to refining, distribution, marketing, installation, safety and compliance. INDIGAS is represented on South African Bureau of Standards technical committee and workgroups to develop and maintain South African National Standards (SANS) in our industry.
Indigas carries the following accreditations
- South African Qualification & Certification Committee (“SAQCC”) accredited LP Gas Practitioners – Domestic Grade
- SAQCC accredited LP Gas Practitioners – Commercial Grade – Vapour.
- SAQCC accredited LP Gas Practitioners – Commercial Grade – Liquid.
- SAQCC accredited LP Gas Practitioners – Industrial Grade.
- SAQCC accredited LP Gas Specialist Practitioners – Road Tank Cars.
- SAQCC accredited Natural Gas Practitioners – Domestic Grade.
- SAQCC accredited Natural Gas Practitioners – Commercial Grade.
- Plastics SA accredited HDPE Thermoplastic Welders.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (“ASME”) accredited Steel Pipe Coded Welders.
- Accredited Safety & Quality Assessment for Sustainability Logistic Risk Management System (“SQAS”) for transport of Dangerous Goods.
- DoE registered Wholesale Petroleum License in terms of the Petroleum Products Act 120 of 1977 as amended. License number W/2015/0068.
- B-BBEE level 4 contributor.
- International Trade Administration Commission (“ITAC”) issued LP Gas import permit.
Professional associations and committees
- Founding member and past EXCO member: Liquefied Petroleum Gas Safety Association of South Africa (“LPGSASA”).
- Member: Liquefied Petroleum Gas South Africa (“LPGSA”)
- Member: Southern African Gas Association (“SAGA”)
- Member: South African Petroleum Industry Association (“SAPIA”)
- Member: South African National Standards (formerly South African Bureau of Standards) Technical Committee – SABS/TC 1019 – Gas Supply, Handling and Control (Fuel, Industrial and Medical Gases)
- Member: SAQCC (GAS) gas installer registration founding programme committee.
- Member: SANS 10087 (LP Gas National Standard) review committee and workgroups.
- Member: LPGSA Specialist Technical Committee (“STC”).
- Member: LPGSA Safe Appliance Committee (“SAC”)
- Member: LPGSA Cylinder Verification Committee (“CVC”)
- Member: LPGSA Installer Standards and Inspection Committee (“ISIC”)
- Past Member: SANS 827 (Natural gas code) review committee and work group.